I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Social Media is Stressing Me Out

As a wife and mom, I have to be very guarded about my time.  If I am not careful, my priorities can slip in a hurry.  That is exactly what happened to me.  I have been so focused on building my blog, that I have neglected my home... nothing major, but enough to stress me out.  

I maintain 3 facebook pages... my personal page, my Daughter of I  Am page, and our business page ... Plus I blog.  If I don't guard my time, I could literally spend ALL DAY staring at the computer.  It's real hard to be a wife and mom, if you are staring at a computer screen constantly!

When I started blogging, I would just type something whenever I felt God leading.  That was great.  However, lately I have been trying to post something daily or at least several times a week.  It may just be a verse, a picture, or a quick thought.  But even those quick thoughts are truly not so quick.  The more I posted, the more "number conscious" I would become.  I know that God did not have me start this blog so that I could increase my following.  He had me start it so that I might share the lessons He teaches me, and that they might help someone else.

That is what I am going back to.  I will blog only when God lays something on my heart to share.  That may be a couple times a week... it may be once a month.  But know this, when I do blog, it will be because I feel the urging of the Spirit, and NOT an urge to boost my numbers!

I will continue to post on my facebook page daily.  For sure each morning.  I love sharing verses or thoughts after my quiet time.  I will probably be checking in at night as well.  Just don't expect me to show up during the day very often.  

I was feeling stressed out, and wondering how I could continue to keep up with all my social media "obligations," when I read a great blog from a true Titus 2 Woman.  You can check out her words of wisdom at Deep Roots at Home.

that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed. Titus 2:4-5

The day may come when God has me doing more... but right now, Daughter of I Am is a part time ministry.  My ministry now is to be the best wife and mom I can be.  That is my focus. That is my priority.

Blessings,
Kerry

1 comment: