I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Look at the Tree

Ethan came in this world wanting to know everything that was going on around him. He openly pays attention to conversations, and usually adds to the conversation. I have never been real surprised by what he may or may not say. Erin on the other hand, is reserved. She doesn't seem interested in what is going on when adults talk. I think this is why she does manage to surprise me quite often with the depth of her understanding.


This morning, she and I were driving to town. On the radio, we heard a commentator discussing the presumption that any one not voting for Obama does so because of the color of his skin. She knows that our family will not vote for Obama. She also knows that we do not judge someone by the color of his skin. So, she began asking questions about why this statement was made.

So, we began discussing Biblical values. I was explaining why Romney's values lined up closer to ours, and therefore we would be voting for him. It was at this point that she surprised me.

She said that everyone should look at the persons tree. I asked, their tree? She said yes, a good tree has good fruit, and a bad tree has bad fruit. She said the color of skin has nothing to do with their tree... but their heart has everything to do with it.

For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Luke 6:43

I wish more people would spend time looking at the tree of others.

1 comment: