I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dear Daughter of I Am

Ok, I am not a big fan of advice columns like Dear Abby.  However, I was recently asked a question, and  I thought I would share the question and the answer I gave her in this manner.  So here is the first... and probably only ... edition of Dear Daughter of I Am.

How did you know God wanted you to stay home with your kids? When I read about the Proverbs 31 woman at first I just saw all the work she did and felt bad I couldn't make it happen. Yesterday I noticed that she worked out of the home. I don't know if I am right but from what I read she didn't work for another man. ~ A Good Friend 


Dear Friend,

God put a great desire in my heart to stay home. It was my desire long before it was Jason's... therefore, I worked outside the home for years before getting to stay home. I just continued to pray and trust God... this was not always easy. When Ethan was in 3rd grade, Jason also had the desire for me to stay home and homeschool. We began fervently praying together. God opened doors... and we took the step of faith. We have been blessed beyond measure in our decision. I honestly can't imagine working outside the home again.
In today's society, women are lead to believe that they can't find fulfillment unless they have a career outside the home. I have found just the opposite to be true. God created women to be a help meet to their husband. In Titus 2 it says that older women should teach younger women to "be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." This is my job description.
I believe that there are times that we as women may need to work outside the home or help to bring in income in some way. You see this with the Proverbs 31 woman.  In Proverbs 31, the home and family is always the priority.  The business opportunities were ways in which she helped her husband, and they did not become her main priority.  

An important thing to remember is that wives are not called to be the main provider of the family. That is for the husband. Women can however add to and supplement the income. Husbands and wives should pray together as they seek what is best for their family.
The important thing is that you Honor God by honoring your husband. Ultimately, wives are to submit to their husband. Honor God in this way, and God will give you the desire of your heart.
Hope you find this helpful.

                                                                                       Blessings,
                                                                                       Kerry
                                                                                      Daughter of I Am

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Are you sure you don't want to start an advice column? This is such great advice. So many times women today are misled into believing that they are in a power struggle against their husband to see who is in control of their home. This leads to such strife and unhappiness.

    Thanks so much for sharing! Love you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete