I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What Should We Teach Our Children?

As a homeschool mom, I daily consider what to teach my children. Of course, math and reading are a must! And then there is history... a true history, not a revisionist history, Science from a creationist point of view, grammar, spelling, writing, typing, art... the list goes on. However, there are many things that I should be teaching my children that are not in my lesson plans... though they should be.




God commands us to "train up a child," and though academics are definitely a part of that training, I believe there are bigger things that we, as a society in general, are missing when we are raising our children. Over the next few posts, I am going to do a series on "What We Should Teach our Children." The topics will include, but not be limited to the following: Love, Respect, Loyalty, Discernment, Perseverance, Diligence, Contentment,Patience, Service... The more I pray about this, the longer the list becomes. I am not sure how many of these topics I will cover, but all of these are areas that have been put on my heart.

Please pray for me as I start this series. If you have any suggestions, please leave me a comment.

Blessings,
Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment