I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Creaking Bibles

Recently, Ethan and I were discussing a family that we have invited to church several times. This family has visited a few times, but they do not attend anywhere regularly. Ethan commented that he did not believe the son was really saved, even though he proclaimed to be. I quickly reprimanded him for judging and told him that just because his family did not attend church regularly did not mean that he was not saved. To which he replied, "Mom, his Bible creaked when he opened it."

That statement has left a lasting impression on me. What does a creaking Bible say about a person? It says that the Bible is not opened, read, or studied often, and therefore belongs to a person with little to no spiritual growth.

It is my prayer that I never have a creaking Bible. Rather, let it be like this quote from Charles Spurgeon:

Source: pinpal.in via Marya on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment