I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Monday, October 22, 2012

He is Known at the Gates

My husband is a contractor, and we have a remodeling business. This weekend, we were part of a local Home and Garden Show. It was a family affair, as you can tell from the above picture. We began set up on Friday, and then worked the booth all weekend. It was a tiring, but blessed weekend.

We have been preparing for this show for months, but last week was especially focused on the show. On Friday, as I was praying for the show, and praying specifically for God to favor our business through this show, this verse came to mind:
Proverbs 31:23 (NKJV)
Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders of the land.

I realized that my job this weekend was not about promoting our business (that was Jason's job). My job was to promote my husband. My job this weekend was to be sure that our family represented Jason well. Specifically, my actions, attitude, and appearance was to compliment my husband. This should be my job everyday, no matter what I am doing.

I am forever telling my children before we go out somewhere to remember who they represent. They represent Christ, their family, and themselves... and then I tell them that they do not want to embarrass or cause harm to any of those. I also need to remember who I represent... being a wife under the submission of her husband ... I represent Christ, my husband, and then myself.

I'm sure that this is not a popular view, especially since I threw that word submission in there, but I do believe it is Biblical.

Blessings,
Kerry

2 comments:

  1. Love that you teach your kids to remember that they are representatives and that you always remember to represent your husband {thus, represent the Lord} well. Sounds like you have a great heart for your husband and your family.

    Stopping by from Time-Warp Wife.

    http://www.domesticblissdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete