I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stop Whimpering and Complaining

It has become a morning routine around our house that after Erin eats breakfast, our dog Prissy eats whatever is left over. This morning, Erin finished eating, and placed the rest of her biscuit in Prissy's food dish. Somehow Prissy missed that part of it. She saw that Erin had finished and began whimpering and whining wanting her portion. I had to walk over to her dish and show her that it was already there. Of course, the whimpering stopped immediately.

As I thought about this, I realized that is exactly what we Christians do so often. We spend so much time whimpering, whining, and complaining about what we don't have, that we miss the fact that God has already given us all that we need.

Two verses came to mind as I thought of this...

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Luke 6:38

The next time you find yourself wanting to moan and groan over your circumstances, STOP! Instead turn that complaining into praising. Look around and thank God for all that you have. Delight yourself in Him. Get close to Him. Follow His directions. You might find that what you have been whimpering about has already been given to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment