I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Prayer for Jason

I have always been one to have a quick temper. In my younger years, my anger would lead to me lashing out at whatever or whoever was around. God has worked with me and on me in this area. I still struggle, but am better at how I handle it.

The times I have the most trouble controlling my temper is when someone hurts my husband or my children. My first instinct is to confront the offending party, and tell them exactly what I think. I have learned however, that prayer is the better answer. It took me a while to learn not to pray against the person, but rather to pray for the person. Even more, I have learned to pray specifically for Jason, Ethan or Erin... whoever it was that was hurt.

Today, someone has questioned my husband's integrity. I could give many reasons why this is ludicrous, and wanted to call up this person and do just that. Instead, I have prayed, and continue to pray. I want to share that prayer with you.

Dear Lord,
I ask that the blinders be removed from this person. Help them to see the truth of the situation. I ask that Satan be bound, and no evil forces will be allowed to intervene in this area. I pray that Jason have the discernment and wisdom of Solomon, the heart and courage of David, the favor of Daniel, and the boldness of Paul. I ask this not only for this situation, but for all areas of his life daily. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment