I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It Feels Comfortable

Each morning, the kids and I go for a walk/bike ride before we start school. Erin has two bikes. One is her "Dora" bike. It is too small for her, but she can still ride it. The other is her "Hello Kitty" bike. She got it for her birthday in April. It is the right size, but she still is a little unsure when riding it. This is because we raised the training wheels in hopes of her learning to balance better, and therefore being able to remove the training wheels altogether.

This morning, she asked if she could ride her "Dora" bike. She hasn't rode it in a long time, so I agreed. As we were going through the neighborhood, Ethan asked her why she was riding her old bike. She said, "It just feels comfortable."

As soon as she said those words, I thought of how often we say the same thing to God. He tells us to do something that requires faith. Instead of trusting Him to provide what we need, we would rather stay where it "feels comfortable." We are willing to stay somewhere we have outgrown, just because of how we feel. When we do this, we miss the blessings and opportunities God has for us.

Is God telling you to do something? Have you been in His word? Have you spent time in prayer? Take that step. It won't feel comfortable. Have faith to know that God will provide all that you need to accomplish this task.

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for this reminder. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete