I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Friday, May 13, 2011

It is What it Is!

Tonight was childcare night at the church, and our Sunday School class decided to have a date night. This is where all the couples could drop their kids at the church for free childcare, while they went out on a date.

Childcare is provided from 6:30 - 9:30. Jason and I both had prior commitments until nearly 7:00. However, we figured we could drop the kids off a little late, and still have plenty of time for a nice supper.... or so we thought.

We decided to try a newly opened, locally owned restaurant. I have been seeing posts about it on Facebook, and thought it would be a nice place for a date with my man. Yes, this was my suggestion, so I can't blame anyone else.

We arrived a few minutes past 8:00 p.m. As we were seated, in a NOT busy restaurant, we noticed that people were leaving before eating much of their meals... should have been a sign! We had plenty of time to peruse the menu, as the waitress did not return to take our order until 8:25. At that point I asked Jason what time it was because I had a feeling that our meal would not be quick.

By 9:00 we were laughing about having to "two fist" our meals down in order to pick the kids up on time. By 9:10, we were asking the waitress to have the cooks make our meals to go. By 9:20, the waitress has taken our debit card, and still not brought our food. By 9:23, I am leaving Jason at the restaurant to go get the kids... which thankfully they brought our food and returned the debit card before I got completely out of the parking lot. By the way, we paid full price, they did not offer a discount.

We did make it to pick up the kids on time... or close... thankfully, we were not the last parents to arrive. With kids in tow, we headed home to have our supper at 10:00. As we sat down and opened our meals, we discovered that my ribeye tacos were not done... as my 10 year old boy put it, "They were cold and bloody." There is just something nasty about a blood soaked tortilla ... needless to say I did not eat my meal. Jason had ordered Cajun chicken with pene pasta ... we shared his bowtie pasta meal. The pasta was good. I didn't try the chicken. After seeing my meal, I was a little leery of the chicken.

The restaurant could have ruined our evening... we could have been miserable and cranky. We could have griped out the waitress, hostess, and owner... a few others were doing that. I admit, there have been times in my past when I have done just that. However, tonight we chose instead to just go with it. It is what it is, and our fussing would not have changed anything. The people dealing with us knew we were not satisfied with the service we received, and yet we maintained a pleasant attitude. Jason and I did enjoy a quiet visit, and we discovered a restaurant that we won't be returning to.

As I think back over the evening, I can't help but smile... It was not the date I had planned, but it was an evening alone with my man. For that I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. It has really been a weird kind of day. I'm glad you took the high road.

    ReplyDelete