I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Do It All for the Glory of God

It is that time of year again... school is letting out, and teenagers are looking for work. I noticed that fact this morning as I was reading status updates on Facebook.

It reminded me of Jason's first job. He was hired by the owner of two convenience stores. His job was to stock and clean. Truthfully, he was more interested in a paycheck than he was the job itself. Admit it, we all have been guilty of that. I don't think he did a bad job, but he did not do his best.

Now before you think I am trying to make my husband look bad, here is the good part... A year, or maybe even two years after that first job, Jason was feeling bad about the quality of work he had done on that first job. So bad in fact, he went back to the store and apologized to the owner for not doing his best work while working for her.

To this day, no matter what Jason is working on, or who he is working for, he is going to do it to the best of his ability. In the latter half of 1 Corinthians 10:31, it says, "whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." Jason lives this verse. I love that my children have such an example set before them, and that he challenges me to do the same.

Thank you Jason for walking out your ministry in your day to day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment