I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Interruptions

If you read my previous blog, you know that my family has had a tiring weekend. We got home last night both physically and emotionally drained. We all went to bed early, and the kids slept in. After they were up, I decided to get a shower. As I was enjoying the water washing away not only my physical grime, but also my emotional grime, I hear Erin running into the bathroom needing something. I told her I would be out soon, and would help her then. It was not a minute later and I hear Ethan hollering into the bathroom. Once again I tell him to wait.

It was at that point that I started thinking, "Good grief! I can't even take a shower without..." Before I could finish that thought God brought to my mind this thought... "You have a sister and a sister-in-law that would love to be interrupted by their sons." Talk about a sobering moment.

Now would I have enjoyed a shower that was uninterrupted? Yes. But, I am most thankful that I still have those "interruptions" with me. It is my prayer that I can be patient during the interruptions, and that I remember to enjoy all these moments that God has given me with my children.

1 comment: