I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Who is Really Sacrificing?

As a stay at home wife and mom, I am often asked if I believe that the sacrifices we make as a family are really worth it. My answer, and my husband's answer, is an overwhelming YES! As I have thought about this, I have often wondered, what is the real sacrifice? Nancy Leigh DeMoss addresses this very question in her book "Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free." I want to share a portion of this book with you that I think answers that question.

"I have a number of close friends who have chosen for the mother to stay at home with the children. No, it's not easy; they don't have a lot of material things many people consider necessities today. Yes, they make sacrifices - in a sense; but the sacrifices pale beside what they are gaining in exchange. In virtually every case,

*these families are content and have joy;

*they have a better sense about values and the things that really matter than do many two-income families;

*they have learned how to pray and depend on God for everything from 'daily bread' to college tuition;

*the parents know where their children are and are able to monitor and direct their activities;

*the parents and children have close, loving relationships with each other;
they are actively involved in serving others in practical ways that many families don't have time (or energy) to do when both parents are working outside the home.

Now you tell me - who is really sacrificing?"


This excerpt comes from Lie #20, A Career Outside the Home is More Valuable and Fulfilling than Being a Wife and Mother

I highly reccomend reading this book. It discusses and counters with scripture 40 lies that as women we believe.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, and Nancy DeMoss's books! I've done the study for this and agree wholeheartedly! Can't wait for the day I get to return home to stay with my children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly encapsulated!! A good word my friend!!

    ReplyDelete