I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Birthday Blessings!

This has been a busy week for the Eppinette Household. Ethan turned 11 on Monday, and Erin turned 6 on Thursday. Jason and I have both spent the week wondering where the years have gone. Jason and I are thankful daily for these two gifts that God has entrusted us with.

Ethan came into this world ready to run. While other parents had these sweet little lap babies that would sit and play, we had the lap stander! We had to fight him even to feed him. He wanted to be up, moving, and knowing what was going on. He did not want to miss a thing! He started walking at 9 months and hasn't slowed down. He has a desire to know what is going on in the world, he has an opinion about it, and he is more than willing to share it.

Erin, though a little more laid back than Ethan, came into this world ready to dance her way through it. She is my "artsy" girl. She can create anything if you give her paper, markers, scissors, and lots of tape. She doesn't need songs written by others, she makes her own up and sings them loudly. She has a passion for all things beautiful in life.

Both of our children are loud, active, and loving. They can also be sassy and willful, but I am often humbled by the tenderness of their hearts. I pray daily that God will show Jason and I exactly how we are to raise them.

I am so thankful that both Ethan and Erin accepted Christ at early ages. Now, as their parents, it is our job to disciple them as they grow not only physically, but spiritually. I know that God has great plans for both of them, and I want to be a part in planting the seeds that sprouts into those plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment