I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What are you Advertising?


Jason recently added a truck wrap to his truck to advertise our business. As you can tell by the picture, it really makes quite a statement when you see it. Everytime I drive his truck, I find myself even more concious of how I drive. I make sure I come to a complete stop at stop signs. I double check that I am correctly between the lines when parking. I use my blinker every time... even to change lanes. Now, please don't think I am a sloppy driver normally. However when driving around with your name and phone number (or in my case my husbands phone number) printed boldly across your truck, it makes you think a little more about the little things. Truthfully, I should be aware these things all the time, but for some reason I am not as concerned when I am driving "anonymously."

As I was thinking about this, I realized that there are many Christians who act this same way... including myself at times. When we are at church or around Christian friends, we concentrate more on acting like Jesus. However, when we are in the world, we tend to get a little sloppy. As Christians, we are set apart. The fruit we produce advertises who we are. Are we advertising for Jesus? Or are we anonymous? ... Or, maybe worse, are we proclaiming to be for Jesus, but the fruit we produce is advertising the world? So, I leave you, and myself, with this question, "What are you advertising?"

1 comment:

  1. When I was little I remember asking my mom why we didn't have one of those little silver Christian fish on the back of the car, and she said that she didn't want her driving to be a representative of Christian behavior. This story reminds me of her reply. ;)

    ReplyDelete