I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Monday, December 13, 2010

It's a Choice

Recently, I had someone tell me that one day she hopes to be happy like me. This person is going through a lot right now, and it is very difficult not to sink into depression. Truthfully, I know many people who are like this. The things of this world can weigh heavy on you, and cause you to lose hope.

As a Christian, we know that we do not have to conform to what this world tells us. We instead have to choose to believe what God's word tells us. It is not about how we feel, but rather what God says. Let me acknowledge right now, THIS IS NOT AN EASY CHOICE!!!

The statement that I am happy is true... somedays it is easy ... somedays it is a choice. Today, it is a choice. As a stay at home wife/mom who is married to a self employed man, money can sometimes be a stressful issue for us. (As I imagine it can for many of you). Last night we discovered that a job we were counting on starting today, has been postponed temporarily. In years past I would have easily went into stress/fix it mode. Instead, I have asked God to expedite the paperwork that has caused the delay, and I trust His timing in it. I know He has all our needs taken care of. If I start dwelling on this again, I just say out loud, "Thank you God for having this situation under Your Control. I trust You." Then, I just start praising Him for all the blessings I do have.

Now, I hope that no one believes me to be flippant over anyones problems. I know that some of you reading this have very heavy burdens to bear. Here is the good part, God will bear them for you. Even if it is problems you have created for yourself, turn them over to Him. Praise Him out loud! Seek His guidance from His word! Seek godly counsel! Trust Him! It is not always easy, but it is always the best choice.

What we read in Scripture is, "Abraham entered into what God was doing for him, and that was the turning point. He trusted God to set him right instead of trying to be right on his own." Romans 4:3

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

2 comments:

  1. I really needed this today. Even though I don't stay at home. Working for Santa I still stressful. But I know God has it even if I need to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post of encouragement. My husband is self-employed and I'm a contract worker. We're just emerging from three very stressful years of diminished finances. My faith has grown leaps & bounds during this time and I know that providing for us in God's job, using the resources wisely is our job. He's always faithful!

    ReplyDelete