I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Moment to Refresh

A few evenings ago, I went into the laundry room to check on a load of jeans in the dryer. They still had about 15 minutes left, so I decided to sit on the dryer and wait for them. Supper was done, the kitchen clean, the kids playing, and Jason was busy, so I figured no one would miss me for a few minutes. Jason did come check on me. When I told him I was just waiting on the jeans, he said to enjoy a few minutes of quiet. I did.

I had my phone in my pocket, so I pulled it out and opened one of the Bible apps. I spent the next 25 minutes (yes, I added a little time to the dryer) laying on the warm dryer, listening to the hum, reading God's word. I wasn't rushing to get the next task done. The kids or Jason weren't demanding my time. I was resting with God.

When I walked out of the laundry room, I was refreshed. It gave me a new perspective resting with God. I was not studying to learn something. I was not seeking answers for anything. I was simply enjoying time with God.

I start each morning in God's word and prayer, but now I am going to make a point just to rest with Him also. I may not always be able to lay on the dryer for 25 minutes, but I am going to purposefully seek opportunities just to enjoy being in God's presence.

When was the last time you rested with the Lord?

Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Psalm 62:5

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I love my Bible app on my phone too, it comes in handy for all the places I end up unexpectedly "waiting".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those simple free moments of rest that the LORD reveals himself in such a magnitude of greatness ...thanks for poke reminder to take time to rest .. "IN HIM " ..

    ReplyDelete