I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Friday, December 10, 2010

I Cry, I Laugh, I Think about a Bullfrog

If you have been following my blog, you probably remember the one titled "The Phone Call." In that blog I shared how I received the news about the death of my 12 year old nephew. Today would have been his 20th birthday.

This morning on facebook, I posted as my status that I was thinking of my nephew Hamp. Immediately, I started receiving posts letting me know people were praying for me today, or were encouraging me today. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. Truthfully, I think about Hamp often. Especially the older my son gets. It is amazing to me how much Ethan reminds me of Hamp, from looks to actions.

When I think of Hamp, I sometimes cry, and usually at the oddest moments. On the fourth of July this year, our music minister led a series of old sunday school songs. They were all songs that I had sung with Hamp and his sister Charlie when I used to babysit them. So as everyone is singing, "I've got joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart..." I sat down and cried! Jason knew why, everyone else thought I had lost my mind.

Most of the time when I think of Hamp, I laugh! That boy was full of life! He was fun, loving, and yes, often a pest. His imagination was amazing! He was always up to something, and usually ended with everyone laughing at his antics.

Finally, when I think of Hamp, I think about a bullfrog. You see, from a very early age, Hamp could sing, "Jeremiah was a bullfrog, a very good friend of mine..." He would receive requests to perform this song. Best of all, if he came to the end, but wasn't ready to stop... No problem! In his best "rock'n'roll" voice, He would growl "One more time!"

So, today as I have remembered my nephew, I have cried, I have laughed, and I have thought of a bullfrog. Most of all, I am secure in knowing that Hamp is in heaven, and I will see him again one day! Until that moment, I have no doubt that Hamp is entertaining the rest of the family while he waits for us to join him.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I miss that "Bullfrog"; and how I will rejoice when we are reunited in Heaven! Well said little sister, well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all miss him also. He was always full of energy. He used to love playing with Susan when she was younger.

    ReplyDelete