I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"I Trusted God"

As I was folding clothes, Erin ran up to me and said she wanted to show me something. I walked into the living room to see what it was. She sat on the couch, bowed her head in an obvious prayer, stood up, fell back, and did a back roll over. When I asked how she knew how to do that, she looked at me as if I had just asked the dumbest question ever, and responded, "I trusted God."

God's word tells us we are to have the faith of a child. Yet how often do we need direction, and fail to do the one thing needed... Trust God. Right now, as I type this, I have a couple of "back roll overs" that I need to make a decision on. I have prayed, but I have not simply trusted God with them. Instead, I have continued to wrestle with all the what ifs, and tried to come up with reasonable solutions. God doesn't always work with reasonable. As a matter of fact, He specializes in the unpredictable.

So... I have prayed, I am standing on His Word, I am falling back in His protection, and I trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment