I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer of Frivolous Reading

Several months ago, God put on my heart a desire to learn and to share with other women how to be the women He intends for us to be. I have spent a lot of time researching various Bible studies on this subject. None seemed to be what God was directing me to study. I was quickly becoming burnt out on reading.

As summer began, I realized that I was going to be sitting by the pool with my kids a lot. (I know, a hard life I have!!!!) Now since my skin only has three tones, (white, off white, and red) working on my tan is not a priority. So I decided I would spend my time reading. However, my heart was not into any heavy Bible study reading. So, I decided I would pull out my old Christian fiction novels. I call it my summer of frivolous reading. I have enjoyed it so much! In fact, I have been refreshed because of it.

Besides refreshing my mind, God has used this time to point out something very important to me. (Isn't it funny how God uses even our "down time" to teach us a lesson.) He is the one who has put this desire in my heart, therefore, it is His word where I will find what I am looking for. He has started me at Proverbs 31:10-31.

I am challenging all ladies reading this to read this Proverbs 31:10-31 at least 10 times over the next month. Ask God to open your heart to any insight He may give you. Write down what you learn, and share it with others. I would love for you to share with me. I am sure that I will be sharing more on this in the future. I look forward to seeing all that God is about to do in our lives and the lives of our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment