I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Power Nap

This week, I am tired! I know, it is only Thursday, and it is summer. I should not be tired right? Well, Ethan has had two out of town tournaments this week. That means that I have been awake before 5 a.m. twice this week. I have not made it to bed until after 10 every night... truth be told, it is closer to 11! On top of that, I have had tennis practice, taken Ethan to golf practice, cleaned house, done laundry (yea, that is everyday!), had company one day, and taken Erin to the pool before a storm struck. I have loved every minute, but it has left me tired.

This afternoon, I decided I needed a power nap. It is a rainy day, and both kids were watching Tom and Jerry. Perfect! So, I settled back in a big comfortable chair and closed my eyes. After the third question from Ethan, I asked him to let me take a quick nap. (Well, probably told more than asked...) After the sixth question from Ethan, I announced to the kids that I was going to lay down in my room for a few minutes. I gave instructions for them to finish their show, and stay out of trouble. I was just dozing off, and Erin had to come ask me a question. I told her that after I had a quick nap, then yes, she could finger paint. She was satisfied and returned to Tom and Jerry. (They really are good friends of mine!) Once again, I am just dozing off, and I receive a text message from Jason. The phone is charging right beside the bed, therefore I can't ignore it. At this point, I had spent 45 minutes trying to take a 15 minute power nap. I was even more tired, and now CRANKY! I gave up, and got up.

My physical body is fatigued and needs rest. My mental well being is cranky and needs rest. The same is true for our spirit. When we do not take the time to "rest in the Lord" our spiritual life can become fatigued and cranky. When we don't spend time daily seeking the Lord, we become depleted. When we allow daily distractions to keep us from fellowship with God and reading His word, we become tired. Just like it is important to provide rest for our bodies, we must also rest with the Lord.

We must walk daily with God, and seek His peace. He has promised to "renew our strength and restore our youth..." We may not always be able to take a power nap, but don't forget to power up by resting in the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Mrs. Claus and was blessed by reading your first post. I am now your newest follower and I am looking forward to getting to know you. Have a great weekend! Candace~♥

    ReplyDelete