I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Don't Limit God's Favor

As you all know, it is tax season. This year, Jason and I didn't know what to expect with our taxes. We started a remodeling business in January, and I started a preschool in August. We were expecting to owe, but honestly didn't know how much.

I really hadn't spent a lot of time thinking about it, and no time praying about it. I know that Jason had prayed about it, and he was trusting God to provide what we would need. Last week we turned all of our information over to a CPA, and waited.

Over the weekend, Jason was a little distracted wondering about them. So, yesterday morning I decieded to pray about them. As I was praying, I said, "God, please let them be under ... " Before I could say the amount I was thinking, I felt my spirit tell me not to put a dollar figure on them. So I stopped, and just said, "God take care of it." Then I didn't think anything else about them.

That afternoon Jason sent me a text. He had just spoke to the CPA. Not only do we not owe anything, we are actually getting a refund! As soon as I saw that I texted back, "That is the favor of God!" Jason and I spent a few minutes just praising God right there.

That was not an event that happend over night. God had it planned all along. As a matter of fact He brought to my memory of something He asked me to do back in December. At the time, I thought it odd, but I did it. Now I realize that it was laying the ground work for God to use another person to show us favor in this area.

Psalm 78:41 says "yes, again and again they tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." I truly believe that had I stated a dollar amount that morning, I would have limited the blessing received that afternoon.

We all need to remember not to put limits on God. How often do we ask God to take care of something, but then tell Him how it should be done. He has a much better plan than we could ever determine. Trust Him, and allow Him to shower you with His favor. Then spend time praising Him for all that He has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment