I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beware of Little Foxes

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom. Song of Solomon 2:15

This week I have allowed little foxes to sneak in and cause heartache between myself and Jason. My little foxes were those of discontentment. It all started on Monday, when we got a call asking if we would be interested in selling our house. This is something that we had not even thought about yet. (Those of you who know my husband, know this will be a condsideration at some time.) We are really enjoying our house, and it's location. However, this phone call made me start considering the things that I would like changed or wished I had.

When one fox gets in, he will invite friends. By the end of the week, I was unhappy with my car. My car is old, and does have a few issues. This caused me to start pestering Jason about getting a different car. The truth is the car is old, but it is paid for. The things that are wrong, are not serious. As a matter of fact, one of the biggest issues I had with it, I fixed with a can of WD40 this afternoon.

You see, I really am not unhappy with my house or my car. Satan used a couple of little things to create distance between myself and Jason. Thankfully, God opened my eyes to it this morning. I have asked forgiveness for my bad behavior, and have kicked those little foxes right out of my vineyard. I am not only content, I am blessed beyond measure.

Watch out for the little things, don't allow them to build into something bigger than they are. Gaurd your relationships ... all relationships. Check your attitudes and communicate with each other. Little foxes can appear harmless, when in fact they can wreck your relationship ... with your spouse ... with your family ... with your friends ... with God.

1 comment:

  1. Those pesky foxes have visited my vineyard too! Thank God for his conviction in my own life too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete