I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Friday, January 11, 2013

How am I using my Talents?


I love studying the Proverbs 31 woman, and it is little secret that my desire is to become such a wife and mom.  Recently, as I was studying this passage, and one of the familiar verses revealed something new to me... Don't you just love when that happens? I do!

Proverbs 31:13
She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands.

Here is what I gleaned...

I am not to be lazy.  I need to take inventory of both my talents and my resources.  Then ... and here is the important part ... I am to use both to benefit my home.  Everything the Proverbs 31 woman did benefited her family and home.

Now, let me throw in a little Titus 2... As a mom of a daughter, I am prayerfully watching her.  I want to help her develop the talents God has given her.  I want to guide her in a manner that one day she will be able to use those talents benefit her own family.  

1 comment: