I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Out of the Abundance of the Heart

Luke 6:44-45 (NKJV)
For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush.A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart[a] brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Proverbs 20:11 (NKJV)
11 Even a child is known by his deeds,
Whether what he does is pure and right.


Our home has always discussed politics and politicians openly... the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. So, by the age of 6, Ethan not only knew the names of many politicians, he had a pretty good idea of the things they stood for.

Ethan is now nearly 12. Jason and I are rarely surprised when he asks questions or makes statements concerning what is going on with our country. Jason is very good about explaining it to him, and why we agree or disagree with it.

There was one statement he made that did surprise me. When Ethan was 6, we were outside enjoying a beautiful day. Ethan was riding his bike, Erin (then 18 months) was playing, and I was reading a book. No discussion of politics. Ethan made an announcement that a prominent politician (he called the name out) was going to hell. Caught completely off guard, I asked him why he would say that. He said, well we are known by our actions, and the actions of (politician) do not line up with God. I told him that that is true, and that we should pray for this person. He quickly said, "oh, but (politician) is OLD!" But he did agree to pray... and still does pray for our leaders.

At that age, Ethan didn't realize that we are never too old to come to a saving knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We all need to be praying for our leaders... whether in Washington, our home states, or our home towns. We need to pray first that they know the One True God, and that they have accepted or will accept His Son, Jesus Christ, as their Lord and Savior. Then we need to pray that they are seeking God for guidance and following His will as they serve us.

1 Timothy 2:1-2 (NKJV)
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful story . . . . out of the mouths of babes indeed!

    ReplyDelete