I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Women Out of Balance with God's Word

The other night I was reading an article that had the following quote from Adolph Hitler in it, "First you get the women, then you've got the children, so follow the men." This quote set my mind to churning. I immediately thought of the verses in 2 Timothy about gullible women.

For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Timothy 3:6-7

Why is it that women can be gullible? How can we guard our minds and our hearts from deception? Here is what I believe is the answer for wives.

Wives are gullible because they get out from under the covering of their husband. But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3) God placed us under our husbands for a purpose. We were created to be a help meet for our husband, and it is his job to protect us. When a wife fails to submit to the authority of her husband, this leaves her open to deception. Just as Eve was deceived because she was not satisfied with her station in God's plan, so we can be deceived when we are not satisfied with our role as wife.

This is why it is important that we know, from God's word, what He desires for us to do. Society will tell us lies, and if we are not grounded in truth, we will be "led away... always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." As women, we need to seek out specific passages in the Bible that tell us how we should behave.

Proverbs 31:10-31 and Titus 2:3-5 offer great outlines for a wife. They show us how we can be the crown of our husbands. An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, But she who causes shame is like rottenness in his bones. (Proverbs 12:4)

It is my daily prayer that God show me areas that I am out of balance with His word. That He show me how I can change that area, and how I can guard my heart that I might not be a gullible woman.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo....good word sista!! Looking forward to the coming dialog!

    ReplyDelete