I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Drive Whatever He Gives You the Keys To

This week, Jason bought a "new" used truck. In doing so, we traded in my "grandma Buick". So now, Jason's old work truck is now my truck. The kids and I are enjoying driving the truck. Truthfully, I am more of a truck woman than a "grandma car" woman. Either way, I like the fact that there is no car payment on my ride. That is a great feeling... one that we had to learn the hard way in our early years of marriage.

I have had people ask me when I am going to get a new car, or if I mind driving an older vehicle. My answer is always the same, "I just drive whatever Jason gives me the keys to." Now I am not saying that I don't like new cars, but I know that a car is just a car. If it runs well, and gets me safely where I am going, that is what is important.

Since Jason is a "horse trader," I have learned through the years to not be attached to stuff. You see, if Jason thinks he can sell something and make a profit, it will be sold. Whether it is something small or large. (many of you know our history with building and selling houses.)

I have learned also, that this is the way we should be with God. God is the one who gives us all that we have. He is the one that directs our paths. We should be willing to take "whatever keys He hands us." He has plans for us, better than anything we can have for ourselves. So don't waste time complaining or being envious. Instead, take those keys from God and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment