I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Birthday Bloggin'

Today is my birthday! I am overwhelmed with the number of calls, texts, and facebook posts I have received today. They are all such blessings to me. As I have celebrated my day, I have thought back over the last 41 years. I have come to a couple of conclusions...

First, I have made a lot of really STUPID decisions in my life.

Second, and most important, God has been loving, protecting, showing favor, and blessing me every step of the way. Even during those times that I didn't know He was there, He was. He is faithful.

Over the last 10 years, I have truly delighted in the Lord, and though not always perfect, I have grown ever closer to my God. I have been able to recognize His hand is every situation. Even those that I created with my stupid choices.

The years prior to that, I was not seeking God first. I was seeking whatever I wanted first. There are a few situations I look back on and realize now that were it not for the grace of God, I would not be here. It is these times that I am most thankful that God has always had a plan for me.

No matter what was done in the past, is being done today, or will be done in the future, God is faithful. He loves you, and has a plan for you. Seek Him first, and everything else will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment