I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Real Super Sunday

I am sitting here on Super Sunday wearing my Dallas  Cowboy shirt.  Yes, I know the Cowboys are not in the Super Bowl this year, but no one ever accused me of being a fair weather fan. As I think about the upcoming game, I realized that I can't remember who was in the game last year.  Now I realize that many people can quote stats from many years past... but not me.  I enjoy the game, and then I move on.  

There is one Super Sunday that I will always remember, and it has nothing to do with football.  Eight years ago, Super Bowl Sunday 2005, my son was 4 years old.  We went to church that morning, and was spending a quiet afternoon at home.  I was pregnant with our daughter, and had laid down for an afternoon nap. Ethan came to me and told me that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart.  He had done this several times in the previous weeks, but Jason and I kept putting him off because he was 4.  So, once again I told him that I was glad he was thinking about this, and when he was older we would talk more.  

It was at that moment that Ethan stomped his foot and said something I will never forget.  He said, "I have done some wrong things, and if you don't let me ask Jesus into my heart, I can't ask God for forgiveness."  Nap time was over!  I said, "Go get your daddy, we need to talk."  Jason joined us, and that afternoon Ethan prayed to receive Jesus as his Savior.  That night at church he went forward and made a public profession, and later followed through with believers Baptism.  Now that made for a REAL SUPER SUNDAY. 

But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19:14

1 comment: