I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother Bear? Me?

I have always heard how protective a mother bear is when protecting her cubs. Well, truthfully, that applies to most mothers when protecting their children... including me... just now! Really, I am still laughing about what just happened... laughing yet still concerned and even annoyed. Let me share so you can get this vision as well.

My kids are in the back yard playing with the water hose and a wading pool. We have a completely fenced in back yard. There are two gates, both of which you have to walk through our yard to get to them. So imagine my surprise when Ethan comes in and tells me that a man was just in our backyard taking a picture of our roof. Now first of all, my husband owns a construction business, so I run through a list of men that I thought it might have been. (Thinking that Jason forgot to tell me someone was coming by) No. Ethan said that he did not know this man. So I walk out back, and look around. Ethan told me which gate the man left by. So I ran through the house out the front door to try to catch him. Now get this full picture... I am barefoot and unarmed (mental note, need baseball bat near door), yet I am headed outside looking for an unknown man, and yes quite ready to do battle if needed.

Quick side note: While I am in search of the man, Ethan had "herded" Erin to protection... yes he is going to be a good husband and dad one day.

As I bound off the front porch, looking for some man, a truck is taking off from in front of the house. He notices me, and stops. Let me add here that he did look concerned that I was about to hurt him (or at least give it a good effort). He immediately says, "It was me." As I am looking at him, I didn't know him. He must have figured that out, because he was quickly spitting his words out to give me the full story. (I am telling you, I had this man just a little nervous.)

It turns out, he was our home insurance rep. We just recently switched carriers, and he was here to take pictures. So the reason he was here was legitimate. However, he should have let me know he was here. And I think, that I made enough of an impression that he will not make that mistake again with anyone.

Now honestly, I don't know what I would have done had I caught this man, and he was indeed up to no good. I do know that when I felt my children were in danger, I went into protective action. Yes, I became a mother bear!

So, I bet you are asking, "What is the point to this story?" because I always have a point. Well, here is what I have taken away from this... I am thankful that God has us in His protection at all times... even when we are unsure about what is happening. I am thankful that when we make stupid mistakes (like my insurance man), we can learn from it, and God is faithful to forgive. I am thankful that when I run off without thinking through my actions, God watches over me and protects me. And finally, I am thankful that I can laugh at myself as I envision what I must have looked like bounding out the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment