I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Glass Coke Bottles

(Let me begin by explaining what I mean by coke... Being from south Arkansas, it can mean coca-cola, however, it can also refer to any carbonated beverage of the soda pop variety.)

A couple of years ago, Jason was telling Ethan about drinking cokes from glass bottles as a child. He explained that the cokes started out colder and stayed colder longer. He described to him the fizz that would come out when you first popped the top on the lid. He was very vivid in his details and Ethan hung on every word.

I am not sure why Jason was telling Ethan about it, but I do know that from that moment Ethan is obsessed with glass bottles. If we have ever been in a convenience store that stocked glass bottles, Ethan remembers where it is. He collects the bottles after he drinks them. He is just as convinced as his dad that cokes are better from a glass bottle. He has even asked for a six pack of glass coke bottles for Christmas.

As I was dusting the bottles in his room yesterday, I thought about what sharing one story about glass bottles has led to. Because of Jason's excitement, Ethan is excited about glass bottles.

I wonder, do I show that much excitement when I relay stories of God to my children? Can they see how exited I am over God that they become obsessed with seeking Him for themselves? Does my love of God shine through so brightly that others want to taste that for themselves?

Psalm 34:8 (Amplified Bible)
O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.

1 comment:

  1. I think you do! But I wonder the same thing about my kids. Did I tell the story good enough?

    ReplyDelete