I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Looking Like a Man

Why is it that men can look for something and not find it, and yet a woman can look for the same object and find it quickly. I realize that is not always the case, but it does seem to be a reoccurring theme in many households. I remember a story a friend of mine in college shared about her 4 year old niece. The little girl's dad had lost his keys and couldn't find them anywhere. Then mom found them quickly. The little girl said it was because the dad had been "looking like a man."

This morning, Ethan was mowing the grass in our backyard. He came in and told me that he needed a large trash bag for the clippings. Jason had told him the bags were in the work trailer, and so I sent him out there. He was out there for 30 minutes. He came back in and announced that the bags were not in the trailer. It's not that big of a trailer. I asked him where he looked, and he said everywhere. I put my shoes on and headed out the door. Ethan asked if I was going to text Jason to find out where they were. I told him I wouldn't have to. I was actually thinking, I am a woman, I can find them. Sure enough, I stepped into the trailer, saw the bags, and brought one inside to Ethan. Ethan was in shock that I had found one, and that I found it quickly.

As I thought about this, and admittedly was feeling rather smug about it, God asked me a question. (In case you don't know, whenever God asks you a question as you are feeling prideful, you are about to be humbled!!!) He asked me how many times had He left something for me to find, and I had missed it? How many blessings have I overlooked or took for granted? How many passages of scripture had a message for me, but I was too busy to read it? How often have my eyes been focused on the problems in front of me, instead of keeping them focused on God?

Now it is my prayer that I not look at anything with the eyes of man (meaning all mankind), but rather through the eyes of God. I want to see all that God has for me, and those around me. So I ask you, how are you looking? Are you looking like a man? Or are you looking through the eyes of God?

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I haven't been reading the blog. It likely has to do with the fact that my eyes were so bad I was reading s little as possible. Now with the new glasses I am playing catch up! This was great,thanks for sharing! Kelli

    ReplyDelete