I am no longer the things of my past...I am the daughter of the Great I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Are You Available?

I recently studied in Acts about God sending Phillip into the desert to share Jesus with the Ethiopian. When the angel told Phillip to go, he didn't know why. He just went. When God directs us to do something, do we do it without questions and hesitation? Or do we want to know the why before we obey? We are to be available 24/7 for whatever God directs. Sometimes we know why immediately. Sometimes we may never know. The important thing is that we obey.

When you are in a relationship with God, you are available to Him. You can't be in a true relationship if you only spend time on Sunday morning with Him. You must walk daily with Him. Read and meditate on His word. Speak to Him in prayer. Listen for what He tells you. It is important to have a daily "quiet time," however, you should be communicating with God all day. 1 Thes. 5:17 says to pray without ceasing. If you only spent 1 hour a day talking and listening to your spouse, your marriage would not be very good. The same is true with God, you can't spend just 1 hour a day with Him, and expect to have a relationship.

God does not always direct us to do what is easy, but He does provide us with what we need to accomplish the task. So, the question I leave you with is this, "Are you available?"

1 comment:

  1. I love this Kerry! Every time I read one of your posts, I miss you all over again.

    ReplyDelete